Coreen Hills land management plan
Correen Hills is the amalgamation of the Whitehaugh and Knockespock forests. These are now managed as one unit and therefore combined in one plan.
The forest is located in south/central Aberdeenshire, approximately 6 km north of Alford.
The forest covers an area of about 1,476 hectares and is split into two areas separated by a minor public road known as the Suie. Whitehaugh (687ha) lies to the east and Knockespock (789ha) to the west of this road.
The main objective for the management for the blocks in the plan area is the production of a sustainable crop of high quality timber.
During the development of the land management plan for Deeside woods we have consulted publically including the local community representatives and stakeholders known to have an interest in the plan area.
The plan has been approved and is now active. It is scheduled to be renewed in March 2027.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Coreen hills land management plan summary (PDF 0.2MB) - a summary of the land management plan.
- Land management plan (PDF 5.3MB) - details our objectives for the area and our management proposals.
- Location map (PDF 0.5MB) - shows the location of Coreen Hills in relation to the local area.
- Key features map (PDF 2.6MB) - shows the key features that will influence the management of the forests.
- Current species map (PDF 2.9MB) - shows the current tree species that are growing in the area.
- Analysis and concept map (PDF 4.6MB) - shows how the key features will influence the management of the forest.
- Coupes to fit landform map (PDF 0.8MB) - shows the management coupes that will be worked towards in the long term.
- Management map (PDF 3.2MB) - shows the proposed management for the area.
- Thinning map (PDF 3.3MB) - shows the thinning that is proposed for the area.
- Future habitats and species map (PDF 1.4MB) - shows the tree species that are proposed to be growing in the area at the end of the plan period.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: