Renfrewshire Woods land management plan
The Renfrewshire Woods are a collection of five woodland areas managed by Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) all lying within Renfrewshire Local Authority Area. The five woodland areas are Boden Boo, beside Erskine; Knockmountain to the north of Kilmacolm; Johnstone Woods, Windyhill also near Johnstone and Howwood.
The land management plan for these woodland areas was approved in February 2017 and covers the period from 2017 to 2027.
Read a brief summary of the current plan here (PDF 88KB)
- Late 2014 – Site survey, site analysis.
- Spring 2015 – Produce design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims.
- September 2015 – Community consultations.
- Autumn 2016 – Produce draft land management plan and consult statutory stakeholders via Central Scotland Conservancy. As part of the approval process, the final plans were available for review on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days.
- February 2017 - Plan formally approved.
Land management plan and maps
- Boden Boo maps (PDF 7.2MB)
- Johnstone Woods maps (PDF 7.5MB)
- Windyhill maps (PDF 3MB)
- Howwood maps (PDF 3.5MB)
- Knockmountain maps (PDF 5.1MB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: