Merkland Land Management Plan Consultation
The Merkland Land Management Plan (LMP) comprises a woodland on the southern and eastern slopes of Goatfell. It provides a backdrop to Brodick on the isle of Arran and has a major impact in the view from the ferry on arrival to the island.
We are developing this land management plan to detail our proposals for management of the area over the next ten years. Draft versions of the plan will be published here and we invite comments and feedback from the public on all of our proposals.
This first round of public consultation will be carried out via Storymaps, an interactive web-based platform with the opportunity to fill in comments on a Google Form. Public participation will be encouraged by publicity in The Arran Banner. Please use the link below to access Storymaps and use the Form to comment. Additional queries and comments can be directed to the email address provided below.
This page will be updated frequently but please don’t hesitate to request any other information.
- Spring 2021: Initial concept of plan
- Autumn 2021: First round of public consultation and development of draft plan
- Winter 2021: Second round of public consultation
- Spring 2022: Development of final plans
- Spring 2022: Submission to Scottish Forestry
Documents and maps
- Land management plan brief (PDF) - identifies key factors that will influence the forest design.
- Storymap - identifies the influences on this plan, the concepts and our key objectives for the area.
Get in touch
If you would like to comment on this plan, or if you have any questions, please contact: