Procurement and tender opportunities
In order to do its job, Forestry and Land Scotland has to meet wide ranging procurement needs. Contracts can support all areas of our business, including land management, recreational services, business support services and goods.
Our procurement activities follow these strategies and policies:
Much of the work undertaken on Scotland's national forests and land is carried out by small to medium enterprises or micro-businesses.
Our Annual Procurement Reports explain the actions we have taken to deliver against our strategy and policies:
- Forestry and Land Scotland Annual Procurement Report 2021 – 2022 (PDF)
- Forestry and Land Scotland Annual Procurement Report 2020 – 2021 (PDF)
- Forestry and Land Scotland Annual Procurement Report 2019-2020 (PDF 788KB)
How can I provide goods, services and works?
Search for 'Forestry and Land Scotland' in the 'Search for Buyers' tab.
Please see our Procurement Pipeline for upcoming tendering opportunities and associated guidance.
- The Scottish Government’s Supplier Journey website will guide you through the process of bidding for public sector goods and services.
- Additional information for Scottish SMEs or third sector organisations interested in working with the public sector can be found on the Supplier Development Scotland website.
How are contract opportunities managed?
We have a number of standard sets of terms and conditions of contract. For works contracts we primarily use industry standard contracts such as NEC3. All of our conditions can be tailored if a specific contract requires it, and for more complex contracts we may use alternative/bespoke contracts.
High value goods, works and services
Tenders worth over £50,000 for goods and services, or over £2,000,000 for works, will be processed through the PCS-Tender system.
Low value goods, works and services
We use the PCS Quick Quote facility to invite quotes for low value goods, works and services. However we can only invite those that are registered on the Public Contracts Scotland website.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact us.