Procurement and tender opportunities
In order to do its job, Forestry and Land Scotland has to meet wide ranging procurement needs. Contracts can support all areas of our business, including land management, recreational services, business support services and goods.
Our procurement activities follow these strategies and policies:
Much of the work undertaken on Scotland's national forests and land is carried out by small to medium enterprises or micro-businesses.
How can I provide goods, services and works?
Search for 'Forestry and Land Scotland' in the 'Search for Buyers' tab.
- Our Supplier Guidance (PDF 1MB) will guide you through the free PCS registration process.
- The Scottish Government’s Supplier Journey website will guide you through the process of bidding for public sector goods and services.
- Additional information for Scottish SMEs or third sector organisations interested in working with the public sector can be found on the Supplier Development Scotland website.
How are contract opportunities managed?
We have a number of standard sets of terms and conditions of contract. For works contracts we primarily use industry standard contracts such as NEC3. All of our conditions can be tailored if a specific contract requires it, and for more complex contracts we may use alternative/bespoke contracts.
- For all Contracts let before 31 December 2018, Forestry Commission terms and conditions will apply. Suppliers are required to download the set of Terms and Conditions that apply to the Contract – these will be removed from the website by August 2019.
- For Contracts let after 1 January 2019, these will be awarded through Public Contract Scotland (PCS) and accompanied by terms and conditions.
- Any purchase made under the value of £3,000 will be accompanied by Purchase Order terms and conditions.
High value goods, works and services
Tenders worth over £50,000 for goods and services, or over £250,000 for works, will be processed through the PCS-Tender system.
- Find out more in our PCS-Tender Guidance (PDF 1.4MB)
Low value goods, works and services
We use the PCS Quick Quote facility to invite quotes for low value goods, works and services. However we can only invite those that are registered on the Public Contracts Scotland website.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact us.