Taymount Wood, Stanley
West Stormont Woodland Group (WSWG) has submitted a revision to the asset transfer request to purchase Taymount Wood and Five Mile Wood. The revised request proposes a phased approach with the acquisition of 155 hectares at Taymount Wood. This will be the focus of WSWG’s Wildwood Project to deliver community wellbeing and resilience through ecoforestry for nature recovery and forest diversification for community benefit.
Documents and maps
You can find the documents relating to the original request here. The revised business case and maps are available below:
- Asset Transfer request
- Wildwood Project – Revised CATS Proposal and Business Plan 2023
- Wildwood Project – Appendix RP5a Financial Projections Years 1-10
- Woodland Management Plan
- Woodland Management Plan Appendix TW1 Felling phase
- Woodland Management Plan Appendix TW2 25-Year Woodland Management Plan Prescriptions
- Compartment and Species Map
- Felling Phases Map
- Restock Map
- Long Term Vision Map
Have your say
Anyone may make representations about this request to Forestry and Land Scotland. Representations on Taymount Wood and Five Mile Wood closed on 20 February 2023. No representations were received.