Durris Land Management Plan
The Durris Land Management Plan area is located in East Aberdeenshire and is comprised of a multitude of blocks to the South of the A93 between Banchory and Peterculter.
The LMP area covers 2290 hectares of forestry in total including a high proportion of commercial conifer woodland with areas of open moorland and riparian valleys also present. Many of the forest blocks were badly hit by windblow following Storm Arwen in Winter 2021, with the clean-up operations still ongoing.
The LMP is currently being reviewed and renewed as part of the 10 year approval cycle; draft objectives and a rough concept for the plan area are available to view below to enable the local community to provide any suggestions or requests for the future management of these forest blocks.
- August - September 2023: Initial scoping and public consultation (4 weeks)
- September - November 2023: Preparing draft plan
- December 2023 - January 2024: Public consultation on draft proposals (4 weeks)
- January - February 2024: Preparation of final plan and submission to Scottish Forestry (the submitted LMP will be available on their public register)
Documents and maps
- Location map (PDF)
- Key Features and Issues map (PDF)
- Objectives and Concept map (PDF)
- Draft Analysis and Objectives (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: