Easter Ross Land Management Plan
We are currently carrying out a Land Management Plan (LMP) revision to help us determine future management proposals for the Easter Ross area. An LMP details how we intend to manage our land over the coming 10 years and indicates our vision for the next decades and beyond. This revision covers the following forests and land managed by Forestry and Land Scotland in Easter Ross; Morangie, Strathrory, Cnoc Navie, Lamington, Leinster Park, Struie, Dounie and Morrich More. An area of approximately 6900 hectares.
Through the new plan we intend to address issues around resilience to climate change, tree health and age diversity. We furthermore want to make sure that the forests provide future economic and social benefits to the residents and visitors and that ecological value is retained and enhanced.
The plan revision is currently undergoing consultation on the draft plan and all stakeholders will be contacted for their comments. As part of the consultation, a public consultation meeting was held on 20 November at the Duthac Centre in Tain. Questions regarding the draft plan are still welcome at the email address below.
- April 2023: start initial scoping
- May - September 2023: drafting of new LMP
- October/November 2023: consultation on draft plan
- 20 November 2023: (19.00 to 21.00 at the Duthac Centre, Shandwick St, IV19 1BQ in Tain)
- December 2023: review draft
- January 2024: submission to Scottish Forestry for approval
Documents and maps
- Land Management Plan Brief
- Map 1 – Location and Viewpoints
- Map 2 – Key Features
- Map 3 – Key Water Features
- Map 4 – Analysis and Concept
- Map 5 – Management Coupes
- Map 6 - Future Habitats and Species - Consultation
- Appendix 6 - Restock Prescriptions
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact:
Eelco de Jong
Forestry and Land Scotland
Golspie Business Park