South West Fife Forests land management plan
Following extensive analysis and consultation, the land management plan for the South West Fife Forests was formally approved by Central Scotland Conservancy in May 2021 and is scheduled for renewal by May 2031.
Timeline of the plan
- 2019/20 – Site survey, site analysis.
- Summer 2020 – Creation of design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims.
- Winter 2021 - Consultation with local community and other statutory stakeholders on draft plan.
- Spring 2021 – Changes made to LMP based on consultation feedback and LMP placed on Scottish Forestry Public Register for 28 days.
- Spring 2021 – Public register comments received and incorporated into LMP.
- May 2021 – Plan formally approved.
- Land management plan (PDF) - Main document containing the detailed proposals.
- Appendices (PDF) - Supplementary documents supporting the proposals e.g. the management brief.
- Location Map (PDF)
- Physical and Climatic Factors Maps (PDF) - Maps illustrating local context, soils, climate & existing woodland.
- Survey and Concept Maps (PDF) – Maps illustrating key features, opportunities and constraints which led to the initial concepts.
- Forest Management Maps (PDF) - Maps illustrating proposed felling and operational access.
- Future Species and Habitats Maps (PDF) - Maps illustrating proposed species choices.
Get in touch
If you would like to receive notification of further developments with the plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Five Sisters House
Five Sisters Business Park