Gamescleuch Land Management Plan
The Gamescleuch Land Management Unit comprises predominantly westerly facing coniferous forest originally planted in the early and mid 1970's. The management unit covers 477 ha and is located some 1 km east of village of Ettrick, in the Scottish Borders, South-East Scotland. It is part of Scotland’s national forests and land, owned by Scottish Ministers on behalf of the people of Scotland, and is managed by Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS).
The Gamescleuch Land Management Plan defines the management prescription for the next ten years (2021-31) and presents the vision for the long-term management of the area. The main management objectives in this plan focus on sustainable timber production, climate change mitigation and adaptation and conservation enhancement. We have developed a land management plan to detail these proposals for the management of the area over the next ten years.
Documents and maps
- Gamescleuch LMP text (PDF) - The whole LMP text document
- Location map (PDF) - Location and boundary of Gamescleuch
- Key features (PDF) - Shows the key features within and around the forest block
- Concept and Analysis map (PDF) - shows the key factors that will influence the management of the forest.
- Management (PDF) - Shows the future planned management strategy
- Thinning (PDF) - Shows where thinning will take place
- Future habitats and species (PDF) - Shows the future forest species composition
- Road operations and timber haulage (PDF) - Shows where roading operations will take place and timber haulage routes
- Current woodland composition (PDF) - Shows the current composition of the forest
- Soils (PDF) - Shows the soil composition across the LMP unit
- DAMS (PDF) - Shows the results from the detailed aspect method of scoring windiness
- Forest visualisations (PDF) - Digital models illustrating the future outlook of the forest
Get in touch
If you want further information, wish to comment or to speak to us directly, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland