Pitmedden and Weddersby Land Management Plan
Pitmedden Forest lies on the ridge tops of the hills between Abernethy and Auchtermuchty. It straddles the boundary between Perth and Kinross and Fife Council areas and can be divided into four areas.
The areas to the south west known as Torflundie, Clamieduff and the Clink are the most popular for recreation, as the older, well-thinned stands create attractive open forest. An extensive informal trail network has developed in many of these areas helped by good access and available space for parking along the un-gated forest road linking Auchtermuchty with Abernethy.
- Scoping and public consultation – October 2023
- Submission to Scottish Forestry for approval – December 2023
Documents and maps
- Location map (PDF)
- Issues map (PDF)
- Issues summary (PDF)
- Pitmedden management map (PDF)
- Pitmedden future habitat and species map (PDF)
- Weddersby management map (PDF)
- Weddersby future habitat and species map (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact: