Bennan land management plan
The Bennan block lies around 20km east of Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Bennan was formally approved on 8 October 2018 and is scheduled for renewal in 2028.
- Spring 2015: Initial stakeholder consultation.
- 2015 & 2016: Ongoing consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
- Spring / Autumn 2017: Land Management Plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process (final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days).
- October 2018: Plan formally approved.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan (PDF 872KB) - The main document containing our detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Location map (PDF 1MB)
- Management map (PDF 2.16MB) - Details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Future habitats and species map (PDF 2.23MB) - Details our restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: