Garrogill land management plan
The Garrogill land management plan (LMP) includes the single forest block of Garrogill. The site is located east of Moffat, in Dumfries and Galloway, and is part of Scotland's forests and land which are looked after by Forestry and Land Scotland.
The plan identifies management objectives and sets out our operations for the next ten years. The plan has been approved by Scottish Forestry.
The successful delivery of this plan will contribute to the objectives of Forestry and Land Scotland’s Corporate Plan, as well as the priorities, objectives and vision of Scotland’s Forestry Strategy.
The plan has been developed in accordance with the requirements of the UK Forestry Standard (UKFS) and its supporting guidelines. The UKFS is the benchmark for sustainable forestry practice, and the Scottish Government is committed to its use
Documents and maps
- Plan text (600KB)
- Map 1 - Location (PDF 2MB)
- Map 2 - Features, Issues and Challenges (PDF 4MB)
- Map 3 - Concept (PDF 4MB)
- Map 4 - Management (PDF 3MB)
- Map 5 - Thinning (PDF 4MB)
- Map 6 - Future Habitats and Species (PDF 3MB)
- Map 7 - Roads and Haulage (PDF 2MB)
- Map 8 - Current Woodland Composition (PDF 3MB)
- Map 9 - Soils (PDF 909KB)
- Map 10 - DAMS (PDF 2MB)
- Map 11 - Landscape (PDF 755KB) (755 KB)
- Map 12 - Heritage Features (PDF 1MB) (1 MB)
- Map 13 - Southern Upland Way (PDF 915KB)
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Phone: 0131 370 5820