Kirriedarroch land management plan
The Kirriedarroch Land Management Plan is a modest sized area of conifer plantation that lies east of Glentrool village, around 12km north of Newton Stewart in Dumfries & Galloway.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Kirriedarroch was formally approved on 25 June 2020 and is scheduled for renewal in 2030.
Download a brief summary of the current Kirriedarroch land management plan (PDF).
- Spring 2019: Initial stakeholder scoping / consultation and drop-in meeting.
- Summer 2019: Ongoing consultation and woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
- Autumn 2019: Land Management Plan submission to Scottish Forestry as part of LMP approval process (final plan will be placed on the public register for 28 days)
- June 2020: Plan formally approved
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan (PDF) - the main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Scottish Forestry.
- Location map (PDF 2.62MB)
- Management map (5.75MB) - details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Scottish Forestry .
- Habitats and species map (PDF 2.83MB) - details our restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Scottish Forestry.
- Thinning map (PDF 4.07MB) - details our thinning proposals for the area.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: