Nether Horsburgh land management plan
Nether Horsburgh is located in the Scottish Borders, between the towns of Peebles and Innerleithen, on the North side of the River Tweed.
Around 500ha of land around Nether Horsburgh and Castle Hill was purchased by FES as a woodland creation project and to provide an alternative timber haul route for Glentress Forest, given the increasing pressure of the activity at Glentress Peel.
In 2016, consent was given for the new planting and track building.
Maps and plans
- Land Management Plan Summary (PDF 74KB)
- Location map (PDF 4346k)
- Analysis and concept map (PDF 5117k)
- Design brief (PDF 149k)
- The approved design PDF 3.3MB
- The approved management map
- The Statement of reasons and consent (PDF 0.2MB)
- View 1 burger van layby
- View 2 Cardrona village back road
- View 3 MacDonald Hotel
- View 4 Fisherman's carpark
- View 5 from Kailzie
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: