Round Fell land management plan
The Round Fell block lies around 12.0km north east of Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Round Fell was formally approved on 29th March 2018 and is scheduled for renewal in 2028.
Download a brief summary of the current Round Fell land management plan (PDF 90KB)
- Winter 2016/17: Initial stakeholder consultation
- Spring 2017: Ongoing consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
- Summer 2017: Land Management Plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process. The final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days.
- March 2018: Plan formally approved
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land management plan (PDF 620KB) - The main document containing the detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Location map (PDF 1MB)
- Management map (PDF 2.44MB) - Details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Habitats and species map (PDF 2.68MB) - Details our restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: