Lennox Forest land management plan
Following extensive analysis and consultation, the land management plan for the Lennox Forest was formally approved by Central Scotland Conservancy in February 2020 and is scheduled for renewal by February 2030.
A brief summary of the current plan can be found here (PDF 418KB).
- 2018 - site survey, site analysis
- December 2018 - creation of initial design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims
- Autumn 2019 - consultation with local community and other stakeholders
- Winter 2019 - application for approval with Scottish Forestry
- February 2020 - plan formally approved.
- Land management plan (PDF) - main document containing the detailed proposals
- Appendices (PDF) - supplementary documents supporting the proposals e.g. the management brief
- Location and context maps (PDF 3.2MB)
- Physical and climatic factors maps (PDF 5.0MB) - maps illustrating local context, soils, climate and existing woodland
- Survey and concept maps (PDF 9.8MB) - maps illustrating key features, opportunities and constraints which led to the initial concepts
- Forest management maps (PDF 5.4MB) - maps illustrating proposed felling, access and planting
If you would like to receive notification of further developments with the plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Five Sisters House
Five Sisters Business Park