Pencloe land management plan
The Pencloe forest block lies around 5 km south of New Cumnock, East Ayrshire.
Following analysis, consultation and development work, the land management plan for Pencloe was formally approved on 18 December 18 and is scheduled for renewal in 2028
- Summer 2018: Stakeholder consultation. Woodland design including coupe design, species choice and management proposals.
- 1 August 2018: The local community were invited to a public 'drop-in' meeting in New Cumnock Town Hall to discuss the Land Management Plan proposals with FCS staff and explore the key issues for the forest.
- Autumn 2018: Land Management Plan submission to Forestry Commission Scotland as part of approval process (final plan will be placed on the Forestry Commission public register for 28 days)
- 18 December 2018: Plan formally approved.
Land management plan documents and maps
- Land Management plan (PDF 2.43MB) - The main document containing our detailed design proposals. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Location map (PDF 2.27MB)
- Management map (PDF 2.0MB) - Details our management proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Habitats and species map (PDF 3.6MB) - Details our restocking proposals for the area. This plan has been approved by Forestry Commission Scotland.
Get in touch
If you would like further information or have any questions about this plan, please contact: