Stirling Forests land management plan
The Stirling Forests managed by Forestry and Land Scotland consist of Garshellach (~174 Ha) and Pendreich (~76 Ha) totalling an area of approximately 250 Ha. As the name suggests the sites lie around the city of Stirling, which is located within the Stirling Local Authority Area.
As part of the management of our woodlands we produce Land Management Plans which lay out our management strategy for the next 10 years and beyond at each of our sites. As such, a new plan has been produced to map out and guide what we do at Garshellach and Pendreich. This has renewed and combined the previously approved plans for these sites, forming one a single new Land Management Plan.
- Summer 2020: Site survey, site analysis.
- Spring 2021: Creation of design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims.
- Summer 2021: Consultation with local community and other statutory stakeholders on a draft plan with a view to seek subsequent approval from Scottish Forestry. As part of the approval process, the plan will also be placed on Scottish Forestry’s public register for 28 days where you will also have opportunity to comment.
- Autumn 2021: Update of plan following consultation.
- Winter 2021: Plan formally approved by Scottish Forestry.
Draft documents and maps
- Land Management Plan (PDF) - Main document containing the detailed proposals and supplementary appendices supporting the proposals (e.g. the management brief).
- Location Map (PDF)
- Soils Map (PDF)
- Climate Map (PDF)
- Existing Crop Map (PDF)
- Key Features, Opportunities & Constraints Map (PDF)
- Concept Map (PDF)
- Management Map (PDF)
- Silviculture Map (PDF)
- Thinning Map (PDF)
- Timber Haulage Map (PDF)
- Woodland Management in Visitor Zones Map (PDF)
- Future Species and Habitats Maps (PDF)
Get in touch
If you would like to receive notification of further developments with the plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Five Sisters House
Five Sisters Business Park