Limerigg Forests Complex Land Management Plan
The Limerigg Forests Complex is a collection of 8 forests and woodlands around the village of Limerigg within both North Lanarkshire and Falkirk. The woodlands include Limerigg, Longriggend, Drumbow, Crossrigg, Lochend, Black Loch, Barnsmuir and Barns and all are managed by Forestry and Land Scotland.
As part of the management of our woodlands we produce Land Management Plans which lay out our management strategy for the next 10 years and beyond at each of our sites. As such, a new plan has been produced to map out and guide what we do at these sites. This has renewed and combined the previously approved plans for these sites, bringing their management under a single new Land Management Plan.
- Autumn 2020: Site survey, site analysis.
- Spring 2021: Creation of design concept for the woodland including social, silvicultural and conservation aims.
- Summer 2021: Consultation with local community and other statutory stakeholders on a draft plan with a view to seek subsequent approval from Scottish Forestry. As part of the approval process, the plan will also be placed on Scottish Forestry’s public register for 28 days where you will also have opportunity to comment.
- Autumn 2021: Plan updated following feedback from stakeholders.
- Winter 2022: Plan formally approved by Scottish Forestry.
Documents and maps
- Land Management Plan: Full Text (PDF)
- Location Map (PDF)
- Soils Map (PDF)
- Climatic Conditions Map (PDF)
- Current Species Map (PDF)
- Opportunities and Constraints Map (PDF)
- Concept Map (PDF)
- Management Map (PDF)
- Felling Approval Areas Map (PDF)
- Thinning Areas Map (PDF)
- Woodland Management in Visitor Zones Map (PDF)
- Timber Haulage Map (PDF)
- Future Habitat and Species Map (PDF)
- Restock Approval Areas Map (PDF)
- Habitat Restoration Area Map (PDF)
- Habitat Restoration Area Restock Map (PDF)
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the plan, please contact:
Forestry and Land Scotland
Five Sisters House
Five Sisters Business Park